Friday, August 20, 2010

My Fitness Routine




Lots of people are starting to ask me what I personally do to stay fit. I'll be 52 years old in November and I feel honored that people think that I am in great shape for any age.

Well, I have great motivation to stay physically fit. I'm a personal trainer who specializes in fitness over 40 so, I have to be a great role model. I must show my clients and others by my actions and lifestyle that they can look good and feel great at any age.

First, I believe that health and fitness starts with a positive mental attitude. The way you think is reflected in the way you look and feel. A cheery disposition goes a long way in healing many ailments.

Second, I exercise on a regular basis. I weight lift 4 times each week and follow that up with 20 minutes of medium intensity cardio after each session. I can't over-emphasize the importance of strength training as you age. Building and maintaining muscle is key to staying fit and firm as mature.

Third, I practice balance and moderation in my diet. No amount of exercise can compensate for a unhealthy diet. Knowing approximately how many calories you consume each day and what percentage of those calories come from carbohydrates, protein, and fat is essential to balancing your diet. Balance and moderation in the foods you eat is easy to incorporate into your life and it's the long-term solution to a healthy diet.

Being healthy and fit is not that difficult. You have the power in your hands to change your life anytime you want to and I'll be here cheering you on.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your health and fitness blog. Your article about your workout routine was especially interesting. I especially liked your comments about being a role model and staying fit over the age of 40. I am adding you to my favorites. We're in the same industry, the business of encouraging health and fitness. We market a product called The AbStand: http://www.theabstand.net. We would love for you and your readers to check out our ab workout product. Any feedback would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you