Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Weight Lifting is Key to Keeping a Firm Body as You Age

I get asked my age a lot, and when I tell people that I'm 55, the next question is always, how do you stay so fit and toned?  My answer is, by weight lifting 4 times each week.  By weight lifting, I mean lifting at a resistance and intensity that I can barely complete my last repetition on each exercise.  Exercising at that intensity is really the key to getting firm and staying that way, especially as you get older.

I see far too many people wear themselves out by doing hours of cardio each week, and very little weight lifting.  And, when they do lift weights, they exercise with a resistance that's too light to produce results.  You've seen them, they are doing their weight lifting routine while carrying on a conversation with their friends (and they wonder why they see very little results).

When you lift weights, you must have enough resistance to overload your muscles to the point of exhaustion, that place where you find it difficult to do one more repetition.  When you exercise like that, your muscles are worn to the point where they must be repaired  by your body and consequently, they are made stronger. 

Combined with the the right balance of protein and carbohydrates to refuel after your workouts, your body starts to firm-up no matter what age.  Qivana's Metaboliq System is what I use to refuel after my workouts.  I've been in the fitness industry for over 20 years and this is the best balanced eating plan I have ever used and recommended.  Find out more about these amazing products by following this link: Metaboliq.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you