Sunday, November 9, 2014

New Personal Best on The Leg Press

I just had a fantastic workout today.  I had my all-time personal best on the leg press.  1250 lbs for 5 reps, not bad for age 55.

Pre-workout and post-workout meals are very important if you are going to have a good day at the gym.  You need to properly fuel your body about 30 to 60 minutes before you workout to have the energy to exercise at your highest level of intensity.  Then you need to properly refuel your body within 30 minutes after your workout for maximum recovery of your muscles.

My pre-workout meal consist of a shake made with Protein My Whey, 8 ounces of almond milk, one-half cup of frozen blueberries, and one-half cup of crushed ice.  I combine all these ingredients in a blender for a delicious pre-workout meal that contains: 247 calories, 3 grams of fat, 30 grams of carbs, and 28 grams of high quality protein.

The moment you finish your workout your body wants to start its recovery process.  So having a post-workout meal as soon as possible is very important.  Properly fueled your muscles will recover quickly and go into an anabolic state (growth).  My post-workout meal for recovery consist of shake made with Protein My Whey, 8 ounces of almond milk, one medium size banana, 2 tablespoons of reduced fat peanut butter, and one-half cup of crushed ice.  Again, I combine all these ingredients in a blender for a great post-workout recovery meal that contains: 463 calories, 15 grams of fat, 49 grams of carbs, and 35 grams of high quality protein.

Protein My Whey is one of the highest quality protein supplements on the market.  Check it out by following this link: Protein My Whey.


And if you don't believe that I leg pressed over 1200 lbs, check out the video here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you