Wednesday, June 1, 2016

3 Days Until the Big Powerlifting Event

Okay, it's only 3 days until I compete in my first powerlifting competition and I'm a little nervous.  Just had my last workout before the event this Saturday and I'm feeling pretty confident that I will do well.  Although, I have to admit that I have to check my sanity each day after my workouts when I'm so stiff and sore that I can hardly move.  It's been a challenge to say the least. But overcoming adversity is the greatest  impetus for growth and that's the main reason I'm competing.

You see, I'm in my late 50s and I've been in the health and fitness industry for over 20 years.  It's easy to get comfortable and settle into a rut after so many years of doing the same thing.  Training for this upcoming powerlifting competition has not only invigorated my personal exercise program, it has also rejuvenated the programs I do with my clients.  So, even if I don't place in the competition the growth in my personal and professional life as a result of the training has been well worth the stiff and sore days.

Here are my best lifts numbers going into Saturday. A 455 lb squat, a 480 lb deadlift, and a 305 lb bench press, not bad considering I started training for this meet just 9 weeks ago.  Below is a video of my best deadlift.  Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you