Saturday, November 27, 2010

Counting My Blessings


Yesterday I had one of those days where nothing seemed to go right and I let the events of the day darken my outlook on life. The weather was damp and dreary, I was stood-up for a very important appointment, and I snapped at my wife, who understandably got upset with me. By the end of the day all I could see was what was wrong with the world. I let myself become a victim of negative thinking.

This morning upon waking I realized how much I have to be thankful for. I started mentally counting my blessings such as, my beautiful and loving wife, my wonderful family, my successful business, the books I have written and published. Then I started thinking of the things I had taken for granted such as, I have a house to live in, a car to drive, and plenty of food to eat.

After a few minutes of being thankful for what I have, the dark cloud that seemed to envelop me yesterday is gone. I am no more a victim of circumstance. I have wrestled the reigns of control in my life back by counting my blessings. I now feel bright, full of energy, and ready for a great day. It's amazing how such a simple thing as being thankful can change your attitude and outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you