Friday, January 13, 2012

Strength Training For Beginners

It's the first of the year and you've decided that this is the year that you really get into the best physical condition of your life. If this is your aspiration, then let me give you some professional advice.  "Make strength training the foundation of your fitness program."  This is especially important is you are over 40 years old.

I'm a personal trainer with over 18 years of experience in the health and fitness industry.  Over the years I've seen fads come and go in the fitness arena, but strength training still remains the most effective long-term approach to losing weight, and improving your health and fitness.

I'm in my 50s and I've been strength training for over 25 years and I'm stronger and more fit than I was in my 20s.  If you have never done any strength training, now is the time to start and you can be stronger and more fit when New Year's rolls around next year.  So, if you are ready to really get into the best shape of your life, checkout my strength training guides at by clicking here: Strength training publications.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree with you more Darvis, Im a strength & Conditioning coach with 6years experience a lot less than you lol :) and a good strength base is a solid foundation of any program. I would love you to follow me on my new blog also at coachkevinnewton.blogspot.com.

    Take Care
    Coach Kev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darvis,
    Absolutely agree with the value of strength training, especially as we age. I'm the guy who failed to respond to your comment on my much neglected website, olddogsintraining.com, but I'm now catching up. I became tied up with my blog, training, a coffee shop, first product, and things that go bump in the night. Apologies for my non-response.
    Nice site and your ideas are as solid as you appear to be.
    Much appreciated.
    Kevin aka @FitOldDog

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you