Friday, April 8, 2016

Powerlifting at 57, I've Selected a Competition

Image result for powerliftingAfter deciding to do a powerlifting competition, I've done a lot of research this past week on different organizations and the meet I want to compete in.  I found an organization called USA Powerlifting that caters to natural lifters (competitors who don't use anabolic steriods, growth hormones, and other performance enhancing drugs).  After reading the USA Powerlifting Organization's rules and guidelines I feel good that's I've selected an association in which the competition will be fair.  There's nothing more dis-heartening than competing against someone who uses performance enhancing drugs.

Good news is I've found a good organization in which to compete, not so good, is the the meet is in 8 weeks and it's The North Carolina State Powerlifting Championships (not the small local show in which  I wanted get my feet wet).  However, I've always believed that if you are going to do something, you may as well do it big, thus, I'm jumping into this competition with both feet!  So, this morning I signed-up to become a member of the USA Powerlifting Association and registered to compete in the meet. The competition is Saturday, June 6th in Apex, North Carolina.

Now I'm off to find a good coach and a good powerlifting program!  I will keep you updated on my progress.  Thanks for following me.

PS, someone overheard me talking about competing in a powerlifting meet and they asked me why I wanted to do such a thing being that I'm in my late 50s?  To which my reply was, that I want to be an inspiration to people and show them that they are never too old to dream and accomplish great things.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you