Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fad Diets Don't Work

More Healthy EatingImage by TheFemGeek via Flickr

People always ask me how they can lose a lot of weight in a few weeks. They want a quick fix for a long-term problem. So, let me say one more time; fad diets don't work. You may be able to lose weight quickly on some diet by eating foods of a certain color, eating no carbs, drinking only shakes, or whatever the latest fad maybe. But, I guarantee you'll get tired of eating the same way after a few weeks and as soon as you return to your normal diet you'll regain the weight and probably more.

Fad diets don't because they are not a way of eating that you can stick with for the long-term. The only way for permanent weight loss and maintenance is developing an eating style and healthy habits that you can incorporate into your daily life.

Balance and moderation in the foods you eat is the best way to achieve a healthy weight and a healthy lifestyle. I'll take talk more about this in my next post.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you